This update is to showcase the solution to view blocking geometry in isometeric camera setting in DMT.
View blocking geometry is the object or part of object that hides the player from camera when the player is behind that object. Since the camera angle is fixed in isometric setting, one of the viable solutions is to actually make the object fully or partially transparent. We use simple ray cast from the camera to detect whether the player is behind a certain object and if that object has view blocking properties than the object is made transparent. The following are before and after images of such an effect in DMT.
Before removal of view blocking geometry
- Screenshot Saturday February 19, 2017
- Screenshot Saturday – 9/3/2016 September 4, 2016
- Dead Man’s Trail – Release date announcement trailer July 23, 2016
- Screenshot Saturday – 7/9/16 July 9, 2016
- Screenshot Saturday – 7/2/16 July 2, 2016
Friends of DMT